Quezon City Mission

Quezon City Mission

Monday, July 14, 2014

Hello Everyone!

Earlier today I found out that I am going to be getting transferred, but not too far, just to quezon city south zone, not really sure where that is, but not too far I'm guessing haha. Either way I am excited, as I will be finally having my first ever AMERICAN COMPANION! I am so pumped for that, but I sure am going to miss the Australian accent I have been getting so accustomed to. But this week we had some really cool miracles, and really saw the need to follow the spirit, and what it means to really love people, even though sometimes it is really hard.

So we had a really sweet zone training meeting, and I just got really pumped from that, and to be honest I have kind of forgotten what they said... I'll check my notes, but I know I was so excited to go out and work. So we went to this couple that had a bap date that we couldn't get a hold of the past few days, and again no one was there. It was this super big apartment building, and I just felt that we should go up to the top of it, just to check it out. So we did and we tried talking to this one lady, nothing. But Then I remembered something from a talk in the MTC of asking a referral from everyone, even if they aren't members and so I just tried it and they said yeah, go talk to that lady, she loves learning about religions. SWEET! so we went and talked to that one lady, who we had actually talked to before when she was buying something from a tindahan downstairs. We tried to talk to her, but she wasn't interested and busy, and then this guy walked up the stairs, June is his name, and we talked to him, and after a little persistence, he listened to us. 

June is probably one of the favorite people I have ever just talked to, and so interested, kind of haha. He was asking a lot of questions that didn't really matter, and so we started asking him questions, and he started thinking a little more. (My favorite part is that he kept saying sir over and over to me haha) and then we were able to talk about the restoration, and he was very intrigued. When we got to the First Vision, we had him read what happened, and when he read, it was so sincere, so slow, and he stopped and looked up like, 'This really happened?!' and we scheduled a time to come back the next day. Then we came the next day, and we get taken to this other apartment, where he is waiting for us and has a table with 3 chairs and the two pamphlets we gave him and had just a great lesson with him. I don't know if I have ever found someone so sincere. 

Sorry that was so long but I just thought it was the coolest story, like stories I always hear about but never happen to me, well guess what, it does happen! It was awesome, and we found other people that were really cool as well, and I am kind of sad that I won't be able to see them, but I am so glad that I got to be a part of it. 

The one thing that we ran into a lot this week was meeting people that are just so content with being confused. I think that is the best way to sum it all up. We talked to so many people this week, that just said it doesn't matter what religion you belong to, as long as you believe in God. But they don't know why there are so many churches on the earth. They don't understand how to know, and don't understand what they don't know, what they are missing from that belief. It drove me crazy all week, and it was like person after person. I seriously know that there can only be one true church. Other wise there would be no point of the apostles back in the day. This belief that it doesn't matter is not true, and is widespread because it is a comfortable belief, it doesn't require people to change. But the truth is, Jesus Christ expects us to change for what he did, because he did it for us to change. 

I hope everyone has a great week! I will update you on the new area next week! Thank you for all of your support! 

-Elder Rock

1 comment:

  1. Uu nga naman...Jun seems sincere with his prep and all...hehe. while reading something popped in my head...the part u mentioned abt back in the day...people said the same thing...which just means we just keep on doing the work as is...for God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow..stay happy serving Him.

    ReplyDelete