Quezon City Mission

Quezon City Mission

Monday, March 17, 2014

Letter March 17, 2014

New Area: Quezon City, Baesa!


This week was pretty hectic to say the least! To start, after emailing on tuesday, I went and got to visit some people in Binangonan, and it was kind of sad, but I was excited to get to a new area, even though I was saying goodbye to our sweet new house. 
Another Elder was getting transferred as well, so all 4 of us went so our companions could help with the luggage. We don't have cars, and we are pretty far away from everyone, so we had to put the 4 suitcases in a jeepney, but we also had to find a jeepney with space for us. We were waiting around a while, and decided we would split up, and right then a jeepney pulled up with no one on it, it was perfect. Than we took that to the next jeepney point, and that's where things got tricky. At this point, jeepneys will stop, like a bus stop, to try and fill it up so they can get as much money as they can. So they didn't want us to get in, because it would prevent them from getting more money. So we had no idea what to do, and this guy on the street who is unofficially in charge of loading up the jeepneys said our pay could be doubled, which is acceptable, but still none of the jeepneys wanted us. Finally, after like a half hour, the guy stopped a jeepney, it was empty, and let us on, because that stopping point wasn't his. It was cool how things just worked out. 

After getting to the chapel, I waited for the plans of who I was going to go with to get to Quezon City. It's pretty far away from my old area. I went and got some McDonalds, that was nice, and then I met up with the elders who were going as well, we found a taxi that fit our luggage, and we were off. I was pretty nervous, I had been with Elder Abel so long, it was weird saying goodbye, he gave me a huge hug. I miss him. 

I met my new companion, Elder Padua! He is Filipino, and still in his first 12 weeks training program I found out, so I am his follow up Trainer, so it's pretty overwhelming. The city is sooooo much different than Rizal or the Province. It's loud and smoggy and kind of hard to breathe. My house is pretty nice, we have a shower head, so it's really nice to not have to use a bucket, but it is still cold haha. 

The members in the area are super sweet! Our ward mission leader is the coolest guy EVER! His name is Juzgaya, and he is 64 years old. He will work with us a lot! The 5 days I have been here, he has worked with us 3 times, and is going to work with us everyday this week! It's awesome, and he is just the sweetest man. His willingness to serve and work is really a testimony to me and strengthens my faith. 

The investigators we have in the area are really great, and hopefully they can progess. We have a few kids we are teaching that didn't get baptized when they were 8 because their family is a little less active, and it is just so sad to me, because i don't think that they were sealed as a family yet, and I just wish that everyone would have the goal to get sealed. I just think that if a family is sealed, it is a lot harder to fall away from the church. The temple is an amazing place, which reminds me, I am going to have the opportunity to go to the temple here this transfer, because I am close by. The last zone I was in was 1 of 2 that couldn't go. I am really excited for that. 

Thank you for all your support. I miss everyone so so much!! I hope you all have a great week! I will try to have a better letter next week, I'm just a little short on time and thoughts for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment