Quezon City Mission

Quezon City Mission

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Hello everyone! 

This week was Mabilis, or Fast. I don't really know where to begin. I think a lot of missionaries start out with that, and I am starting to see why. We are having a blast working in this area, and really trying to get the members involved, again, it's all about actually doing it, not just having plans. 

The coolest thing this week was definitely one of our investigators that has been our investigator for a while, but she hasn't really progressed, and we have really been trying to help her gain a testimony of The Book of Mormon. So she told us this last week after not being able to meet for a about a week and a half, that she tried out what we have been teaching her. She started to read and before hand she prayed, but this time she said 'I'm just going to try what the elders said and just ask' So she said that she just asked in her prayer if it was true, and then she said she got the coolest feeling. She couldn't even explain it, but it was super peaceful throughout her whole body. Then she said "Whoa, this is for real" and when she told us that I was so pumped. It was a huge testimony to me that she tested it, and the key was she really asked because she really wanted to know, and she read. I know that people can get answers, and that was a testimony to it.

The thing I really was on my mind this week is how much I am loving the people. I was in a lesson and this lady was just telling her beliefs to us and I just felt so weird, I felt so much concern for her, and after that I was just thinking how weird it was because I didn't really know her, and then walking down the street, just seeing all the people I felt that feeling again, and it is just the love I am gaining for the people here. I want to just tell everyone about how special this message is. 

Another thing that has been on my mind is the talk by Bishop stevenson, "Your 4 Minutes" It is so awesome! I think maybe I already talked about it. But we really do only have such a short time here on earth. I don't think people really understand that sometimes. The one thing we are certain in this life is we will die. So what is going to happen after that? Well our life on earth is sooooo short, and being on my mission I have seen how short missions are, I feel like I just got here, and I know I still have more than a year, but it is going by so FAST. There's that word again. Things go fast, and we need to make sure we are ready. We had so much time to prepare, and we will have so much time to look back and just think. Like an olympic athlete missing out on a medal by one tenth of a second, do we want to look back and think "Dang" the rest of eternity. Of course not. And another talk that comes to mind is Jeffrey R. Holland's. I see it all the time here, and it is so sad, but people just want comfortable doctrine. So many think that as long as you believe in Heavenly Father, you are good to go. They think all religions are good, and lead back. But as uncomfortable as it is, it just isn't like that. Why would Heavenly Father allow such confusion to exist if all are true. It just isn't that way. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the exact same as when Jesus Christ was on the earth, and the one the apostles continued until they were rejected and killed. I know with all my heart that people can receive a witness if The Book of Mormon is true, if they take the time to read and really desire to know if it is true. 

I am sorry this is a short one, but time is just so fast! Hope you have a great week, and I can't wait to skype you mom next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment