Quezon City Mission

Quezon City Mission

Monday, December 16, 2013

Letter Dec 16, 2013

This Week was just super Awesome!!!! I apologize if yesterday you were freaking out because I didn't email anyone, this week is the end of the transfer and they move our P-day to today! So I'm sorry about that!

We had our Christmas conference this last week which was such a blast! We got good food, and heard from our mission president and his wife, and we all performed skits, some were just hilarious, and then we got to watch a movie! That was weird. And then we played games and exchanged gifts. It was such a great day.

On Friday I woke up sick though, and that was no fun, but I got through it alright, and we were able to update our area book during weekly planning. Some Elders are really frustrating because there are so many awesome potential investigators and they just gave up on them! So we are going to visit them this next transfer! 

Saturday we had my first baptism for a girl named Jenny Rivera, who is 13 years old and a referral from an older couple that are neighbors with her. 2 of her friends got baptized before I got here, who were also referrals of the couple. So Missionaries work way better with referrals from the members!!!! I was able to be the one baptizing her, and have a feeling I will do that more because I'm American so they always pick us to do it. It was really cool, but her family didn't show up which was kind of sad! You can really tell she sees how happy the other YW are and she wants that in her life and has found it! 

On Sunday we weren't able to go to the Christmas devotional which was sad because Elder Masula got a really bad headache after church, but we got invited to a dinner appointment with a Less Active and her son who we have been teaching. There we found out that Elder Masula was going to be transferred the next day to work in the office, he was kind of bummed about that. So that means I am getting a new companion, and I just found out this morning that it is going to be Elder Abel, from New Zealand! I'm really excited, I met him at the Christmas Conference and he just seems so fun and hardworking, and he's this big rugby player so we are going to do some great work outs haha. So tomorrow me and my roomates will go pick him up!

Something neat I have noticed is throughout all the houses I visit I can feel the spirit in a Christ centered home. I have been in some really nice houses for America here, but I have felt more peaceful in a house with no floor and cardboard walls because they have the spirit. It is a weird feeling, but I learned that making Christ the center of your home is one of the most important things you can do, no matter what your situation is or how nice your house is.

There was this quote on the Program from the Christmas Conference I really liked, 

"There is no better time than now, this very Christmas season, for all of us to rededicate ourselves to the principles taught by Jesus the Christ. It is the time to love the Lord our God with all our heart—and our neighbors as ourselves.

 It is well to remember that he who gives money gives much, he who gives time gives more, but he who gives of himself gives all. Let this be a description of our Christmas gifts."

I really love this quote and how we need to remember Christ during this season. How when we strive to be like him, our lives are blessed, and in order to strive to be like him, we need to study his teachings. I will leave with another quote I heard at my zone training yesterday, 

"All Satan has to do to win is get good men to do nothing"

I hope that none of us get to complacent and we can give ourselves this Christmas. To not look to do it to be recognized, but privately. Make it a big deal for the person being served, not for yourself, that is when I feel the greatest joy. I sometimes want to shout, "I was the one that did that!" but by helping someone and not taking credit is so much sweeter. 

I hope you have a great week! Choose to be happy, and Let the Lord bless you!

-Elder Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment