Quezon City Mission

Quezon City Mission

Monday, April 7, 2014

Letter April 7, 2014

TIRED
 
This week went by so fast, and I think I realized why. I worked. And when I wasn't working, I was working. We just worked and worked, and talked to as many people as we could. It was awesome. I feel so confident sometimes speaking, and then other times I am just like, what the heck. But I am getting the hang of it.
So even though we worked so hard, we got punted, a lot, I think more than I ever had on my mission. (Punted means going to an appointment and them not being there) so I kind of got discouraged, but then I remembered what someone said at a zone conference, that when you are punted, it's a blessings, because it means that Heavenly Father is giving you someone he wants you to find. So we just kept talking to people, and we talked to some awesome people, and it made me realize again, there are SO MANY PEOPLE IN THE PHILIPPINES. SO MANY. It's kind of ridiculous. And none of them even know about the church, which is so sad. The biggest religion we run into is Catholic, which is fine, but they don't know anything about Catholicism. They just don't know a lot about God, or Jesus Christ, and are in a way, kind of content about that. I just like to ask questions to get them thinking, like 'for you, where did we come from, why are we here, where are we going after we die? How do we go to Heaven? Why are there so many churches on the earth?' And they don't really know how to answer, and it gets me so excited, because we can answer ALL of those, plus more! It gets me so excited to go back and just teach them everything.
It made me so excited to work, I didn't even want to stop for lunch, dinner, or anything else this week haha, I was just trying to teach! There are millions that just don't have direction in their life, even though they are Catholic, I think that it doesn't really give them as much comfort as the Gospel should. With the Gospel, they have direction, things are defined for them, and they can feel complete comfort of Jesus Christ. They are somewhat content with being uncontent. I walk on the streets and just see every stage of life. I see the young 3 year olds holding their mom's hand, I see the 6 year olds asking for money, I see the teenagers going to and from school, or with their group of friends, I see the 20 year olds taking their girlfriend's on dates, and then I see the mom's of the 3 year olds carefully holding their young innocent child's hands, with the face of wonder and worry, filled with love for their child, wondering what the future holds in store, and how they can protect their child, and help them fill their potential. Then there is the 30 year olds, selling things at stores or working, and when there is a slow time they sit somewhat blank face, just wondering how they got in their situation, and filled with uncertainty. There is so much I see, and It can all be fixed with the gospel. The knowledge that we have a Loving Heavenly Father, and he has given us a plan is so so comforting, that regardless our situation, we need. We need the gospel, and when we don't have it, or are not following it, we have that uncertainty. It fills the gaps to everything.
Something that is just so inspiring to me is prophets and apostles. How could we get through our lives without them comfortably I just don't know. How people think that we don't need them, I don't know or understand. In Amos 3:7 it says "Surely the Lord God will do nothing but he revealeth  his secret unto his servants the prophets" and then in Ephesians it says how the foundation of the church is Prophets and apostles. It is for us that he gave them, to help us in our lives. To get through trials.
Even though this week we got punted a lot, I tried my best to not get discouraged, and the thought came to my mind, (which is kind of cool because When I read my inbox Bishop Scott sent me a thing about exactly what I thought)
 that when I have trials, I need to rely on the Lord, and shouldn't be upset but grateful. It is so weird because it is like exactly what Bishop sent me that I just read, but I seriously was thinking about it, and we get trials to help us grow. That is part of our purpose in life. So when we get trials, we should be kind of grateful, or to me, privileged. That the Lord wants us to learn something, He knows that we can grow, and is helping us grow. How cool is that. That gave me a whole perspective, and it was really special.
I just want to leave with my testimony, That I know this church is true. It is said so many times, but being on my mission thus far has strengthened that belief into a knowledge. I know that there can only be one, and this is it. I know that Heavenly Father loves us so much, and gives us so much. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, and am so honored that he came to this earth for all of us. I know that through Him, we can feel the utmost peace and direction in our lives, if we but follow the commandments of our Heavenly Father. I know that His church has been restored. I know it, and there is proof for everyone to know, through the Book of Mormon. Would we not want to know if it is true, would we not want to just find out for ourselves. I know that Heavenly Father will give us an answer, if we pray, with the intent of acting on His answer. I know it. I hope everyone has a great week, and enjoys conference,
-Elder Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment